Many people ask for specific pieces of music to be played during the service, this can be anything from traditional hymns and organ music to something more modern.
As funerals become more personalised and unique, families are opting for personal favourite songs, often choosing light-hearted or humorous music to reflect a loved one’s personality.
Ways to personalise the funeral service with music
- Music the family associate with the person e.g. My Way, Angels, Wind Beneath My Wings, Simply The Best, Danny Boy, If Tomorrow Never Comes, You Say It Best
- Music reflecting their hobbies or interests e.g. TV theme tunes – Channel 4 horse racing, Match of the Day
- Live music e.g. bagpipes, buglers, guitars, jazz bands
- Music recorded by a family member
Most crematoriums will provide:
- An organist
- Pre-recorded music from which you can choose
- A music system on which you can play music of your choice
We will be able to advise on the availability of these music options and make all of the necessary arrangements for you.
Funeral visual tributes
Remembrance recording and photography
For family members or friends who are unable to attend the funeral, or for you to keep as a memory of a poignant day, we can arrange for the funeral to be photographed or recorded on DVD. Our professional photographers and videographers will discreetly capture all elements of the funeral, from the flowers to the cortège, in a sensitive and considerate manner.
It is possible at certain venues to transmit live chapel proceedings, privately and securely over the internet to invited guests. Using the latest network technologies, a virtual environment is provided in which absent family and friends can view the service from anywhere in the world.
Visual life tribute
Some crematoriums offer the option of displaying a visual life tribute during the funeral service. A combination of family photos, images and home video of your loved one is overlaid with favourite music from a media library to play on screen at the funeral.
We will be able to advise on the availability of these visual tribute options and make all of the necessary arrangements for you.